Natural Merchants offers organic wines from around the world for Earth Day
Natural Merchants, Inc. headquartered in Grants Pass, OR and Cartagena, Spain, is a leading importer of high quality organic wines and biodynamic wines from family owned organic vineyards across Europe. All the organic wine-growing partners use agricultural and production processes that do not pollute the air, water or soil.
“Earth Day is meant to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s environment,” said Edward Field, Manager of Natural Merchants. “What better way to honor the Earth than to celebrate with wines made from organic grapes grown in harmony with nature, respecting the delicate ecosystem that surrounds us.”
Each winemaker is adept at producing top quality wines from grapes grown in pristine organic soil. The portfolio highlights over 150 carefully selected wines from Spain, Italy, Austria, France, Germany and Greece, grown on a unique organic terroir, with each vineyard producing clean, fresh superior wines that are both good for the soil and tantalizing to the palate. Selections from their wine portfolio can be found at Whole Foods Market and other fine retail stores nationwide. Most of the organic wines in the program are at affordable prices under $15. A sample of those available in wide distribution include:
- Les Hauts de Lagarde Bordeaux White – Aromas of white peach, lemon, honeydew, yellow watermelon, honeysuckle and stream stones. Dry and crisp with notes of melon and ripe pear accented by bright lemon and lime zest. Pair it with vegetable platters, oysters, seafood, fish, starters, grilled salmon. RRP $12.99. 90 points, passionate about wine.
- Biokult Grüner Veltliner – Demeter Certified Biodynamic Wine, made with 100% Grüner Veltliner. Aromas of lemon, lime and white pepper with a very crisp, dry but fruity light to medium body and a long tangy finish of nectarine skin and grassy earth. Ideal with starters, salads, fish, noodles, Asian cuisine and lighter meat dishes. MSRP $13.99. 90 points, passionate about wine.
- Spartaco – No added sulphites, certified organic Spanish red Tempranillo/Cabernet blend – Fruity and grassy, with aromas of ripe Bing cherry and strawberry over a hint of dusty earth. Juicy on the palate, with flavors of dark plum and summer berries, with a hint of peppery spice on the crisp finish. Ideal with Spanish cheeses and tapas. MSRP $11.99
- Tarantas Sparkling Rosé – made from 100% Bobal, one of Spain’s most unique and popular grape varieties. The wine has notes of dried strawberries on the nose and red currants on the palate. The finish is smooth, slightly sweet, and the sweet character of the wine belies its ability to handle stronger flavors, even grilled fish and chicken. MSRP $9.99
- Prosecco Champs Pizzolato – Aromas of nougat and peach custard flow through a crisp entry to a light to medium dry body with baked apple and delicate spice accents. The finish on an oily zest of nuts and lemon fades with tannins of dried fruits and talci. Ideal as an aperitif, with snacks and cold starters. RRP $12.99
A complete wine list is available at http://www.naturalmerchants.com.
Why organic wine?
Nearly 250 different chemicals can be found in the making of conventional wines – chemicals that are not only present in the wine itself, but also affect the soil, the vines and the environment as a whole.
The difference between Certified organic and Wines “Made with grapes from organic farming”
Organically grown grapes are increasingly embraced by winemakers due to higher quality grapes, healthier vines, and the belief that the resulting wines are superior. Producers of wine labeled “organic” and “made with organically grown grapes” must adhere to strict organic rules established by the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) and administered by the National Organic Program (NOP) within the USDA. Both labels must contain 100% organic grapes and are produced and bottled in certified organic facilities. Certified organic wines may carry the USDA organic seal and contain no added sulfites.
Natural Merchants, Inc. is one of North America’s leading importers and distributors of the finest natural and organic wines sourced directly from European and Mediterranean regions. For more information, visit http://www.naturalmerchants.com.