Organic Wine Market Worth $21.5 Billion by 2030: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, February 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Global organic wine market the size should reach $21.5 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2022 to 2030. The market is mainly driven by the growing health awareness among consumers across the globe.
Main information and conclusions of the report:
- The canned organic wine segment is expected to register a CAGR of 14.2% during the forecast period. According to Wine Australia (an Australian government agency), bottled wine sales are down as canned wine enters Australia. Canned wine was only registered as a separate category in 2018. But in the last twelve months between March 2018 and March 2019canned wine sales increased from less than 100,000 liters to 1 million liters at retail.
- The organic red wine segment dominates the market and is driven by France and Germany. The segment accounted for a revenue share of 61.4% in 2021. Organic red wine has the highest share even in the largest consumer country of organic white wine, Germany. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah, Malbec and Pinot Noir are among the most popular organic red wines among consumers around the world.
- The non-trading segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 10.7% during the forecast period. The supermarket and hypermarket sub-segments dominated the off-trade segment in 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased off-trade wine sales. Several factors such as working from home, strict rules in pubs and bars like wearing masks, and COVID-19 related anxiety have pushed consumers to buy organic wine directly from outlets.
- Germany is the world’s largest organic wine market with a 32.3% share in Europe in 2021. According to the report published by the USDA Foreign Agriculture Services in 2020, in Europe, Germany is one of the top five wine producers in the European Union (EU). It ranks fourth in wine production after France, Italyand Spain. German wine production from the 2019 harvest for release in 2020 was estimated at 8.4 million hectolitres. Germany is also one of the largest importers of wine by volume.
- Australia is the second largest organic wine market in Asia Pacific and wine consumption is increasing in the country. According to Wine Australia, the country is among the top 10 wine consumers in the world. The country accounts for 2% of world wine consumption.
Read the 100-page market research report, “Organic Wine Market Size, Share and Trends Analysis Report by Type (Red Organic Wine, White Organic Wine), by Distribution Channel (On-Trade, Off-Trade), by Region and Segment Forecast, 2022-2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Organic Wine Market Growth and Trends
The demand for organic products is growing at a rapid rate. Consumers are spending more on chemical-free and organic products, mainly in North America and Europe. According to the Organic Trade Association (OTA), 75 million American millennials consume organic foods and beverages. Parents in the 18-34 age group are the largest group of organic shoppers in the United States
According to OTA, organic food sales have exceeded $56.0 billion in 2020, up 12.8% compared to the previous year’s sales. This growth in organic products is expected to boost the global market. Wine has become an important part of many European cultures and is considered a standard accompaniment to dinner and lunch. According to the study conducted by the Chair of Wines and Spirits of INSEEC U and the European Association of Wine Economists in 2020, the frequency of wine consumption increased considerably during the period of isolation at home due to the epidemic. of Coronavirus in Spain and other countries in Europe
The coronavirus outbreak has disrupted the global organic wine supply chain and distribution channel due to the closure and restrictions imposed on bars, restaurants and hotels around the world. According to the ProWein 2020 business report, COVID-19 has affected approximately 77% of hotels, with sales down 60% across the sector, while restaurants saw sales fall by 91%. % at the end of 2020. However, in many regions the wine market has benefited immensely from the lockdown and travel restrictions. Consumers enjoyed the wine on a wider range of occasions at home. For example, according to Wine Intelligence, the wine market of Brazil gained around three million regular wine drinkers (i.e. at least once a month) between 2019 and 2020.
Segmentation of the organic wine market
Grand View Research has segmented the global organic wine market based on type, packaging, distribution channel and region:
Organic Wine Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Red organic wine
- Organic White Wine
Organic Wine Packaging Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Organic Wine Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Organic Wine Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of key players in the organic wine market
- Elgin Ridge Wines
- Kendall Jackson Vineyard
- The organic wine company
- Bronco Wine Company
- King’s Wine Estate
- Grgich Hills Estate
- Emiliana Organic Vineyards
- Societa Agricola Querciabella SpA
- Frey Vineyards
Check out other related studies published by Grand View Research:
- canned wine market – The global canned wine market size is expected to reach $571.8 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 13.2%, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. Changing consumer preference for convenient, portable, single-serve wine products is expected to be a key contributing factor to market growth.
- Organic drinks market – The global organic beverages market size is estimated at $47.78 billion by 2025, with a CAGR of 13.0%, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. Strong demand for products worldwide and rising levels of disposable income in developing economies are just a few- one of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- honey wine market – The global honey wine market size is expected to reach $817.03 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.41% over the forecast period. The demand for flavored wines is expected to be among the major market drivers.
Browse Grand View Research results Consumer F&B industry Research reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a US-based market research and consulting firm, provides syndicated and custom research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and whose head office is at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
The Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCEGrand View Research, Inc.